Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for a passionate Graphic Designer to join their UK team.
Experience: Over 4 years + Agency Experience
Location: Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1HH
Hours: 40 hours per week (full time)
Benefits: 20 days holiday + bank holidays (increases with service) opportunities to work abroad, progression opportunities
Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for a passionate Graphic Designer to join their UK team. Up to £38,000
Do you have a passion for creativity, design and innovation? Well, this role could be for you!
As a fast-paced Creative and Marketing Agency, we are seeking a creative, passionate and enthusiastic Senior Graphic Designer who is looking to take their creative career to the next level.
Working as the lead Graphic Designer within a fast-paced, full-service agency, this role will be perfect for somebody with previous agency experience who is now looking for autonomy and ownership. This role offers excitement and diversity, with an opportunity to build your creative team over time.
Who is Why Media?
Founded in 2010 but previously part of a Hong Kong agency, Why Media has an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative, creative and marketing services to many companies, from start-up tech companies to blue-chip international institutions.
We have expanded into Europe in recent months, opening offices in Spain and Italy.
We classify ourselves as a full-service agency due to our clients' wide range of services. We also pride ourselves on essential stress and responsibility away from our clients when it comes to design and marketing by taking ownership and ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the highest standard and within budget.
We are incredibly proud to have worked with many of our clients for over ten years due to the relationships we have built through transparency, work quality, the ability to listen to and understand the clients’ needs and the ability to evolve with the times.
Our Culture - Fast-paced, ambitious, transparent, forward-thinking, team players and fun!
More About The Role
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will work closely with our marketing and technical teams to support various clients and creative duties.
This role comes with autonomy and responsibility, and the ability to be well organised, work with an agile project management structure and practice excellent communication is essential.
This role will only suit individuals who have previous experience working within an agency.
Why Media has an excellent reputation for delivering the highest quality work, especially for branding, website design and digital graphics, due to our ability to engage our clients and their clients with impactful, relevant creativity through graphics, video and words.
Teamwork is essential to us as an agency; however, as a Senior member of the team, it’s also important that you’re able to work independently when it comes to research and problem-solving.
Your base will be our office in Hertford, Hertfordshire; however, you may sometimes have the opportunity to work from our office in Central London and even take part in a visit to one of our European offices in Spain and Italy.
Below is an overview of the sectors we predominantly sour client-side (we are always open
- Residential Developers/Housebuilders
- Financial Institutions
- Estate Agents
- Mortgage Brokers
- Construction Companies
- Law Firms
- Listed Companies
- Shopping Centres/Leisure Schemes
- Professional Services
An Overview of the Role’s Responsibilities
- Branding - creating a showstopping brand, not just a logo
- Branding Suites and Brand Guidelines
- Brand Management (for our retained clients)
- Bespoke Website design (with a focus on UX and UI)
- Social Media Design
- Infographic Design
- Video Editing
- Print design - Magazines, Hoardings, Wayfinding, Direct Mail etc.
- Email Marketing
- Image editing
- Keeping up to date with current design trends and innovations
- Managing incoming design requests
- Building client and supplier relationships
- Understanding each client’s creative objectives and achieving them on time and within budget
- Having a commercial understanding of the business
- Proofing design work before client viewing
- Identifying opportunities to build exposure for Why Media through design
- Understanding and adhering to company processes
- Attending creative events and exhibitions
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Expert in Adobe Illustrator
- Expert in Adobe InDesign
- Highly Proficient Microsoft Office
- Highly Proficient Adobe Premiere Pro
- Highly Proficient Adobe After Effects
- Highly Proficient Adobe XD
- Passionate about design
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to take on constructive criticism
- Understands the importance of timelines
- Commercially minded
- Not easily offended
- Team player
- Problem solver
To apply for this role, please send your cover letter and CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don’t forget to tell us your favourite song and brand!