The Digital Marketing Industry is forever evolving as new tools, platforms and technologies enter into the market. It is important for businesses to stay up-to-date with digital marketing to demonstrate that they are relevant and improve their reputation. Businesses that adopt digital early on get ahead of competition, whilst those lagging behind may miss out on a key opportunity to retain their positions.
2016 is set to be a great year for digital marketing. Here are the 5 top trends to keep you ahead of the competition -
1. Videos Dominate - People have become more accustomed to seeing videos online, and it has a higher rate of catching millennials attentions.Facebook live streaming, Periscope, Snapchat and YouTube are on the rise now more than ever. Millennials prefer to watch video on these platforms more so than on television. It’s time to take video to the next level and integrate it into your digital marketing this year.
2. Mobile-Optimised Websites - In 2015 Google announced that mobile traffic overtook desktop traffic in 10 different countries. If your business is not already, it’s time to appeal to the mobile crowd as mobile begins to dominate desktop. Business websites need to be responsive on mobile phones, tablets and televisions in 2016.
3. Wearable Technology - Wearable smart devices will start gaining more traction in 2016. 2015 saw the unveiling of the Apple Watch, a first-generation smart watch, but more smart watches and similar wearable devices will start emerging this year. Such devices will change the landscape of local marketing.
4. Content, Content, Content - Every year content marketing makes the list for digital marketing trends. This year is no different. Natural and relevant content is going to create more organic reach than ever before. Now is the time to tell your story through blogs, website content, and social media. Consumers love to be able to relate to content, so think in their shoes when putting together a strategy.
5. Social Media - Social Media must be part of most digital marketing budgets in 2016 - If your customer is there, you need to be there. It needs to tie in with all other means of marketing including your website and email campaigns. Social Media has many new capabilities for targeting to the right audience, generating clicks to a website and creating overall brand awareness.