Location: Hertford, SG14
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £21,000-£28,000 PA
Experience: 1-year minimum
Start Date: October/November 2021
Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Passionate Graphic Designer to join their UK team.
Do you have a passion for creativity, design and innovation? Well, this role could be for you!
Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join their UK team.
As a fast-paced Creative and Marketing Agency, Why Media is seeking a creative, passionate and enthusiastic Graphic Designer who is looking to expand their career within the creative sector.
Working directly with our Senior Graphic Designer, this role will suit somebody who has previous experience working within a design agency or within a design department and who is now looking for new challenges, a variety of clients and the opportunity to stretch their creative boundaries.
Who is Why Media?
Founded in 2010 but previously part of a Hong Kong agency, Why Media has an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative creative and marketing services to a wide range of companies, from start-up tech companies to blue-chip international institutions.
In recent months Why Media has expanded into Europe, opening offices in Spain and Italy.
Why Media classifies itself as a full-service agency due to the wide range of services offered to its clients. They also pride themselves on taking the stress and responsibility away from their clients when it comes to design and marketing by taking ownership and ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the highest of standard and within budget.
Why Media is proud to have worked with many of their clients for over ten years due to the relationships they have built through transparency, work quality, the ability to listen to and understand the clients’ needs and being able to evolve with the times.
Our Culture - Fast-paced, ambitious, transparent, forward-thinking, team players!
More About The Role
As a Graphic Designer, you will work closely with our Senior Graphic Designer as well as our marketing and technical teams to support a wide variety of clients and creative duties.
This role comes with a certain amount of autonomy and responsibility and the ability to be well organised, work to an agile project management structure and practice excellent communication is essential.
This role will only suit individuals who have the highest attention to detail.
A large part of the agency’s role is to deliver high-quality, highly engaging social media content for both Why Media and its clients. Therefore, having a good understanding of social media channels and the impact that excellent design can have on engagement levels would be incredibly helpful.
Although you will be working within a small team, it is important that you are able to work as part of a team but also be self-managed. You should never feel uncomfortable asking for support from colleagues but you should also be able to identify solutions to problems independently.
Your base will be our office in Hertford, Hertfordshire however, you may sometimes have the opportunity to work from our office in Central London and even take part in a visit to one of our European offices in Spain and Italy.
Below is an overview of the sectors we predominantly service (we are always open-minded to new sectors)
- Residential Developers/Housebuilders
- Financial Institutions
- Estate Agents
- Mortgage Brokers
- Construction Companies
- Law Firms
- Listed Companies
- Shopping Centres/Leisure Schemes
- Services industry
An Overview of the Role’s Responsibilities
- Creating social media assets - graphics, banners, GIFS etc.
- Creating eye-catching and relevant infographics
- Creating digital design assets in line with brand guidelines
- Creating print design assets in line with brand guidelines
- Bespoke website design (with an understanding of UX)
- Email Marketing
- Image editing
- Image and video library management
- Keeping up to date with current design trends and innovations
- Writing monthly news stories through the eyes of a designer
- Managing incoming design requests
- Building client and supplier relationships
- Understanding each clients’ creative objectives and achieving them on time and within budget
- Having a commercial understanding of the business
- Design file organisation
- Proofing design work before client viewing
- Identifying opportunities to build exposure for Why Media through design
- Understanding and adhering to company processes
- Attending creative events and exhibitions
- Assisting with photography
- Proficient Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient Adobe InDesign
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Proficient Adobe Premiere Pro (Preferred but not required)
- Proficient Adobe After Effects (Preferred but not required)
- Proficient Adobe XD (Preferred but not required)
- Passionate about design
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to take on constructive criticism
- Understands the importance of timelines
- Commercially minded
- Not easily offended
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Not afraid to ask questions or ask for support
To apply for this role please send your cover letter and CV and portfolio to email@example.com. Also, don’t forget to tell us your favourite song and brand!