Start Date: February 2021
Location: Hertford, SG14 1HH
Working Hours: Monday-Friday (Full time)
Salary: £25,000-£32,000 PA
Benefits: 20 days holiday + bank holidays (increases with service) opportunities to work abroad, progression opportunities, commission structure
Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for a passionate, innovative and forward-thinking Marketing Manager.
Do you have a passion for marketing, creativity, client management and innovation? Well, this role could be for you!
As a fast-paced Marketing and Creative Agency, we are seeking a results-focused, passionate and enthusiastic mid-level Marketing Manager who is looking to expand their career within the marketing sector.
Working with our Marketing Director and European Marketing Managers, this role will suit somebody who has previous experience working within a marketing agency or within a marketing department and who is now looking for new challenges, a variety of clients and the opportunity to stretch their professional boundaries.
Who is Why Media?
Founded in 2010 but previously part of a Hong Kong agency, Why Media has an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative marketing and creative services to a wide range of companies, from start-up tech companies to blue-chip international institutions.
In recent months we have expanded into Europe, opening offices in Spain and Italy.
We classify ourselves as a full-service agency due to the wide range of services offered to our clients. We also pride themselves on taking the stress and responsibility away from our clients when it comes to design and marketing by taking ownership and ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the highest of standard and within budget.
We are incredibly proud to have worked with many of our clients for over ten years due to the relationships we have built through transparency, work quality, the ability to listen to and understand the clients’ needs and being able to evolve with the times.
Our Culture - Fast-paced, ambitious, transparent, forward-thinking, team players!
More About The Role
As a Marketing Manager you will work closely with our Marketing Director as well as our marketing, creative and technical teams to support a wide variety of clients and account management duties.
This role comes with a certain amount of autonomy and responsibility and the ability to be well organised, work to an agile project management structure and practice excellent communication is essential.
This role will only suit individuals who have the highest attention to detail.
A large part of the agency’s role is to deliver high-quality, highly engaging content marketing strategies, encompassing social media, news stories, press releases, website copy and more. Therefore, having a creative mind when it comes to writing and understand what engages is vital.
As a mid-level Marketing Manager you would have had previous experience in both project and client management and therefore understand the importance of communication, ideas, attention to detail and deadlines.
This role offers excitement and freedom to come up with new ideas and put your stamp on existing projects - adding new energy. The role will also allow you to increase your client base independently by identifying clients you would like to work with and working in conjunction with our Sales Director to deliver them - A financial incentive is available for all new clients you identify.
Although you will be working within a small team, it is important that you are able to work as part of a team but also be self-managed. You should never feel uncomfortable asking for support from colleagues but you should also be able to identify solutions to problems independently.
Your base will be our office in Hertford, Hertfordshire however, you may sometimes have the opportunity to work from our office in Central London and even take part in a visit to one of our European offices in Spain and Italy.
We pride ourselves on client relationships and therefore, you will be expected to frequently visit your clients to build trust, run through campaign results and pitch initiatives and commercial opportunities.
Below is an overview of the sectors we predominantly service (we are always open-minded to new sectors)
- Residential Developers/Housebuilders
- Financial Institutions
- Estate Agents
- Mortgage Brokers
- Construction Companies
- Law Firms
- Listed Companies
- Shopping Centres/Leisure Schemes
- Services industry
An Overview of the Role’s Responsibilities
- Client management - building relationships, communication, problem solving etc.
- Pitching new ideas and initiatives (for Why Media and clients)
- Setting up, running and analysing targeted ad campaigns on social media
- Setting up, running and analysing targeted ad campaigns on Search Engines
- Setting up, running and analysing targeted campaigns on YouTube
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Writing SEO-focused news stories
- Delivering marketing strategies and campaigns
- Writing analytical reports
- Writing creative briefs for projects such as videos, websites, email marketing, social media etc.
- Client presentations
- Attending client meetings
- Creating engagement-focused social media content
- Delivering set KPIs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis across social media, website traffic, email marketing and sales
- Identifing potential new clients for Why Media
- Identifying upsell/commercial opportunities with existing clients
- Creating throught-leadership pieces for Why Media
- Keeping up to date with current and future trends for Why Media and client sectors
- Managing and attending events
- Networking for Why Media
- Understnading user-flow and patterns when it comes to website traffic
- Project management
- Copywriting and detailing
- Identifying new initiatives and opportunities
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel etc,
- Proficient Google Docs
- Proficient Google Analytics
- Proficient in MailChimp and/or other email marketing sotfwares
- Highly Proficient Social Media Ads - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Highly Proficient YouTube - Ads, Tagging etc.
- Highly Proficient Social Media user
- Highly Proficient in Google Ads
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to take on constructive criticism
- Understands the importance of timelines
- Commercially minded
- Not easily offended
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Confident presenter
- Confident speaker
- Varied vocabulary
- Career minded
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to manage client expectations
To apply for this role please send your cover letter and CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don’t forget to tell us your favourite song and brand!