Position: Account Manager
Start Date: September 2021
Location: Hertford, SG14 1HH
Working Hours: Monday-Friday
Salary: £24,000-£26,000 + Commission
Benefits: 20 days annual leave (increases to 25 after 12 months), commission structure, progression opportunities, business mileage
Driving License: Preferred but not essential
Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and quality-focused individual to join our UK team as an Account Manager.
As a fast-paced Creative and Marketing Agency, Why Media is seeking a like-minded individual to take over the management of a handful of existing client accounts all of which are varied in their requirements and industry, as well as, having the ability to look after new relationships and client accounts as they arise.
Working directly with the Design & Marketing Director, this role will suit somebody who has worked within a Marketing environment (agency or in-house) previously and understands the importance of organisation, process, client relationships and bringing fresh ideas to the table regularly.
This role offers excitement, challenges and opportunities for progression for the right candidate.
Who is Why Media?
Founded in 2010 but previously part of a Hong Kong agency, Why Media has an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative creative and marketing services to a wide range of companies, from start-up tech companies to blue-chip international institutions.
In recent months Why Media has expanded into Europe, opening offices in Spain and Italy.
Why Media classifies itself as a full-service agency due to the wide range of services offered to its clients. They also pride themselves on taking the stress and responsibility away from their clients when it comes to design and marketing by taking ownership and ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the highest of standard and within budget.
Why Media is proud to have worked with many of their clients for over ten years due to the relationships they have built through transparency, work quality, the ability to listen to and understand the clients’ needs and being able to evolve with the times.
Our Culture - Fast-paced, ambitious, transparent, forward-thinking, team players!
More About The Role
As an Account Manager, you will be working directly with the Design & Marketing Director to service existing client accounts, create exciting online engagement, identify new marketing initiatives and campaigns and build trusting relationships with clients, suppliers and team members.
This role will only suit individuals who have the highest standard of organisation and structure and the ability to multitask. The role will see you working with lots of different clients, sectors, personalities and audiences and therefore it is imperative that you can get your teeth into each project, understand the objectives and identify solutions to ensure we achieve our desired outcomes.
This role is suitable for somebody who has previous marketing experience, either within another agency or as part of an in-house team. They will understand the value of both online and offline marketing and the power combining the two has for their clients.
As an Account Manager at Why Media you will never be quiet. The role covers a lot of channels and initiatives and therefore having an understanding of how marketing works on social media, search engines, through targeted advertising on platforms such as YouTube is essential, and understanding the importance that all of these platforms have on SEO is a must to succeed.
You must understand how each online platform works and how messaging on each must vary to ensure we deliver high-quality engagement and results for our clients. Keeping up to date with changes on platforms such as Facebook Business Manager will only benefit your application.
As an Account Manager, you will work closely with our Creative Team to deliver high-quality creative pieces, video content and photography which fit the client brief and exceed expectations. An eye for detail is essential to ensure works do not go to the client with errors or do not fit the brief - exceeding client expectations and stretching our ability boundaries are always front of mind.
Although you will be working within a small team, it is important that you are able to work as part of a team but also be self-managed. You should never feel uncomfortable asking for support from colleagues but you should also be able to identify solutions to problems independently.
Client relationships are one of the most important aspects of this role and it is vital that you understand the importance and have the ability to communicate with our clients, and team members, on every level. Many of our clients preferred communication tools over the phone and therefore you must be confident in picking up the phone.
Your base will be our office in Hertford, Hertfordshire however, we also have an office in Central London which you would be able to work from should you be meeting existing clients or potential new clients in the City. You will also be expected to visit clients at their locations regularly to build relationships, run through reports, present new strategies, obtain new marketing content and brainstorm new ideas
To develop your role at Why Media and to build your client base you will also be required to attend networking events and industry-related events. Due to the nature of some of our clients, you may also be required to attend events and activities for our clients at weekends and in the evenings occasionally.
Below is an overview of the sectors we predominantly service (we are always open-minded to new sectors)
- Residential Developers/Housebuilders
- Financial Institutions
- Estate Agents
- Mortgage Brokers
- Construction Companies
- Law Firms
- Listed Companies
- Shopping Centres/Leisure Schemes
An Overview of the Role’s Responsibilities
- Fully understanding your clients’ objectives and target market
- Building client relationships
- Keeping up to date with trends, new initiatives and industry media
- An excellent understanding of all key social media platforms including their back-end analytical data
- An understanding and ability to set up and manage AdWords on Google and Bing
- A strong understanding of Google My Business and other review sites
- Creating energetic, relevant and innovative marketing strategies
- Having a strong understanding of online and offline marketing opportunities
- Proofreading documents and artwork ahead of client submission
- Identifying opportunities to build exposure for Why Media
- Understanding the requirements for winning industry awards and putting our work forward
- Putting together creative briefs for email marketing, campaign assets, websites, social media, offline marketing etc.
- Being commercially minded - understanding what work is included within our retainers and what would be billable
- Understanding and adhering to company processes
- Confidently presenting strategies and reports to clients (virtually and in-person)
- Analysing data through analytics and putting together monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Creating, managing and analysing online advertising campaigns through Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Understanding and managing YouTube content (understanding the importance of tagging, links and exposure)
- Writing SEO-focused news content for Why Media and its clients
- Creating online exposure for Why Media and its clients through press content
- Identifying and executing new initiatives
- Attending networking events
- Working with other departments to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest standard
- A confident speaker and presenter
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Looking to develop their career
- Not easily offended
- Strategically minded
- Can create in-depth and compelling presentations
- Leadership/takes responsibility
- Team player
- Commercially minded
- Problem solver
- Not afraid to ask questions or ask for support
To apply for this role please send your cover letter and CV to Claire White - firstname.lastname@example.org.